Saturday, October 5, 2013

NOVA

You Know You Live in NOVA When....



Having been born and raised in Prince George's County, Maryland; making the move to Alexandria, VA proved to be a culture shock. This is all minor in comparison to the struggles I have had with the drivers. I have a number of theories on why they can't seem to drive. Everyone goes under the speed limit, no traffic jam, no one in front of them, just Sunday driving constantly. My first theory is their fear of the VA police, justified I suppose. My next theory came from a day in court. The majority of individuals required translators, I'm not judging: German as a 1st language. But it did not stop there, these people were ticketed for driving without insurance, a drivers license, or registration. These incidents all resulted in accidents, how could they not? So when I'm late for classes, this should be excuse enough. Try to get through the barrier of non-drivers and arrive on time. Just background, as I'm not sure that I have a story for this first blog post. The abschluss: Maryland has my heart, but only the Capitol region. 



More relevant, three degrees later I'm pursuing my Master of Science in Accounting. I work at a wonderful firm, in my favorite part of the city. I have an amazing maine coon, who I found when I was 15. I was raised by my grandparents, who have both since passed away. That's the story.







No comments:

Post a Comment