Daily Life in Public Accounting
I work for a CPA firm in Foggy Bottom, Tate & Tryon. They do Audit, Tax, and Outsourced Accounting Services for non-profit organizations in the Washington, D.C. metro area. I work in Outsourced Accounting Services, which requires me to travel to different clients for half days during the week. Meaning each day I have 2 client locations to go. While at the client I do all of the work that their accounting department would do, then send it to my controller/cfo for review. It is more affordable for non-profits to outsource their accounting staff than to pay someone full time to work for them. I enjoy my firm because unlike the big 4, they want us to have lives outside of work. They check in to make sure we aren't working ridiculous hours, and everyone is extremely friendly. The founding partner is a CUA alum, as the only CUA graduate employed they treat me very well.
Working for Tate & Tyron seems awesome! It's evident that you really enjoy your work and that the environment is friendly and condusive to your best productivity. I hope you your work travels allow you frequent and easy access to Wawa!
ReplyDelete